Friday 8 February 2008

The Tuscon Greyhound Racing Industry

Since starting this blog, I have made a number of great friends that share a love for the greyhound. I absolutely love hearing from them and learning from them because, in my opinion, if we are to help the breed then we need to learn as much as we possibly can about the greyhound racing industry to help these beloved dogs. I enjoy looking at the efforts of other people as well, even when the information on their pages is heartbreaking, because it reaffirms my faith in human nature a little bit.

There are some great sites out there that highlight the plight of the greyhound all over the world and one that is extremely well researched and written is End Tuscon Greyhound Racing. Karyn's site certainly provides an awful lot of food for thought!

Karyn points out that Arizona law provides that "Every effort shall be made to adopt greyhounds not used for racing or breeding" but that is not always what happens.
of course, there is more! Karyn has done a wonderful job of bringing this to people's attention so go and take a look at the site. It may be upsetting but it is definitely worth a read!

If anyone has a similar site or a blog that you would like featured here then please let me know and I'll give it a mention!



No comments: