Thursday 27 December 2007

For The Love Of The Greyhound!

It was a little over 18 months ago when I first laid eyes on Molly.

She was a gorgeous black and white, if a little nervous, greyhound. My husband and I had gone to pick her up from her trainer because she had recently retired. Her trainer, a lovely woman called Mary, never allowed one of her greyhounds to be put to sleep on retirement and always found them good homes to go to. We were to provide Molly's good home and boy am I glad we did!

Molly is the best dog a girl could ever have. She's loyal, loving, sweet and no trouble at all... as long as she gets her 20 hours of sleep a day, as per greyhound rules! She does have a penchant for bolting through an open front door if she has the chance though!

I have to say that Molly has opened my eyes in more ways than one. Before we had her I had no idea just what happened to greyhounds after they retire from the track. However, over the past year or so I have cried over articles more than once. More specifically, those that detail the mass greyhound slaughter that goes on around the world. I am determind to help these beautiful creatures in some way... and this is step three.

More on steps one and two later but thank you for reading. Stick with me on this one because there is much more to come!!!

No comments: