Monday 3 October 2011

Rehome A Greyhound!

Hi all!

It has been a very long time since I posted on here but the circumstances that have prevented me from posting are no more. As such, expect regular updates from me in the future! Unfortunately, the two years I have been absent have not seen eradication of the brutality that greyhounds are subjected to. In fact, if anything, it has got worse as a direct result of the recession. Greyhound charities are struggling and fewer are being rehomed here in the UK as families struggle to make ends meet. This applies to all breeds and not just greyhounds but I appeal to all to seriously consider a greyhound if you want to rehome a dog but believe that you do not have the energy to give a dog a loving home.

Greyhounds are very low maintenance dogs that are known for their speed rather than their stamina. A short walk is more often than not sufficient for them, that and a comfortable bed to go to sleep on of course!



I have previously written articles on what wonderful pets greyhounds make, one of which can be found here. There are plenty of rescues to check out as well to see which gorgeous greyhounds are available for you to love, including the following:

Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue North East

Greyhound & Lurcher Welfare Rescue

GRACE

Greyhound Rescue West of England

Clarks Farm Greyhound Rescue

This list is by no means exhaustive so if you know of another rescue that I have missed then please let me know and I will be happy to post about it.

Until next time!

No comments: