Friday 19 September 2008

Thank You To Animal Rights Groups

I was in my local town today and met two wonderful women and one wonderful man trying to get signatures for two petitions. They were campaigning for animal rights and, when I was there, they were getting a favourable response. However, on speaking to one of the ladies behind the table I soon found that they had been called "no better than Nazis" just before I got there. I found this absolutely disgusting given that they were only trying to stand up for what they believe in and make a difference in the lives of animals everywhere.

So, for the rest of us that do want to make a difference, thank you to them and all of the others that take their time to stand around in all weathers trying to garner awareness of the things we do not see or hear about all over the world.

I was really pleased to find that they actually had a flyer about stopping the greyhound slaughter on their table. It was printed by Greyhound Action and I will be having a good read of it a little later and blogging about it, along with all of the other leaflets I picked up! Keep on going guys - we're making a difference already!

*********

They were from the Tamworth Animal Rights Network, or TARN. The link there is their MySpace page. Please visit it and support their efforts to save animals.

No comments: